School Registration & Boundaries
To register a new PreK-12th grade student for the current 2019-20 year, please use the following link:
After March 30th, 2020 , registrations for new PreK-12th grade students will be accepted for the 2020-21 school year using the same link shown above.
If you are unsure which school your child will attend, please check the boundary maps by clicking the appropriate tab shown on this webpage or contact Brenda Jergens at 815-754-2199.
Enrollment is not finalized until the parent/guardian comes to the Central Registration Office with proof of residency, current photo I.D. and a copy of the certified birth certificate. If a copy of the birth certificate is not available, you must provide it to your child’s school within 30 days of enrollment.
Online registration for the 2020-21 school year will begin the week of March 30, 2020 for all returning students including returning ELDC PreKindergarten and Early Childhood students via Skyward Family Access. Families with elementary students are encouraged to complete online registration by May 11. Returning elementary students who are not registered by May 11 are not guaranteed their spot at the school they currently attend.
DeKalb High School students and middle school students will not receive their schedules until online registration is completed.
Computers are available at the Education Center, at your child’s school and the DeKalb Public Library for registration, if needed. Please contact your child’s school if you need assistance with password or login information. Assistance is also available for families needing English translation.
Helpful Resources for Families New to DeKalb
- City of DeKalb: https://www.cityofdekalb.com/
- DeKalb Park District: https://www.dekalbparkdistrict.com/
- Children’s Learning Center: http://www.clcdaycare.org/
- Kishwaukee Family YMCA: https://kishymca.org/
- The Growing Place: https://www.growingplace-il.com/
- Kindercare: https://www.kindercare.com/our-centers/dekalb/il/300978?utm_campaign=kc-lg&utm_source=gmb&utm_medium=pro&utm_keyword=&utm_platform=&utm_matchtype=&utm_adgroupid=&utm_content=300978
- 4-C: Community Coordinated Child Care: https://www.four-c.org/
- Salvation Army After School Program, call (815) 756-4308